San Francisco Population 2013

San Francisco Population 2013

The current population of the city of San Francisco, California is estimated to be about 825,111, which is an increase of about 1.6% from the last record of the population.  The population of the city is behind the cities of Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Jose as it is the fourth-most populous city in California.  The city is also the fourteenth-most populous city in the country.  Based on the total land area and the total population of the city, the population density of San Francisco is about 17,620 people per square mile.  This city is the most densely populated city in California and the second most densely populated city in the country, behind New York City.

Demographics of San Francisco

About 5% of the population is under the age of 5 years, while about 14% of the population is 65 years and older.  Also, about 49.1% of the population is female, while the other 50.9% is male.

The largest racial demographic in the city is the while alone group, which makes up about 42% of the population.  The next largest group is the Asian population, which makes up about 34% of the population.  The Hispanic or Latino demographic makes up about 15% of the population.  The Black or African American population is only about 6% of the total.

About 86% of the population, ages 25 years and older, have at least a high school diploma.  However, about 51% of the population, ages 25 years and older, have at least their bachelor’s degree from some college or university.

Religion in San Francisco 

The population of San Francisco affiliates with a religion at a much lower rate than the national average.  About 35% of the population is affiliated with a religion, compared to the national average of 49%.  The largest religious affiliation is the Roman Catholic Church, which makes up about 17% of the population.  The next largest affiliation is the Methodist Church, making up about 5% of the population.  San Francisco has an unusually high Jewish and Eastern religious population.

Sports in San Francisco

The city of San Francisco has two major professional sports teams: San Francisco Giants and San Francisco 49ers.  The San Francisco Giants participates in Major League Baseball and they play at AT&T Park.  The Giants have won 7 World Series Titles, most recently in 2012.  The San Francisco 49ers participate in the National Football League and they play in Candlestick Park.  The team has won 5 Super Bowl Titles.

Visit San Francisco

Historical Population of San Francisco

Over the course of the last few decades, the population of San Francisco has gone through varying types of population growth.  The population has increased at some intervals and has also decreased at other parts.   The population has been less than the population of both Manhattan and San Diego at least since 1990.

Year Population
1990 723,496
1991 729,708
1992 734,861
1993 740,277
1994 742,316
1995 746,386
1996 753,934
1997 762,953
1998 770,262
1999 774,716
2000 777,360
2001 784,631
2002 779,281
2003 775,046
2004 773,284
2005 777,670
2006 786,149
2007 799,185
2008 808,001
2009 815,258
2010 805,340
2011 812,826
Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.